Sep 3, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
Now you have an excuse to stay on the couch the next time your spouse/parent/employer asks you to get up and take care of business. Remaining comfortably reclined, preferably with a blanket and the television remote, is in the best interest of your personal health.
They won’t believe you at first, but calmly explain the inherent dangers that come with such strenuous motions. You might break a rib!
Apparently that’s what happened to Phillies single-A third-base prospect Mitch Walding on Sunday. Per Jay Floyd of the blog Phillies Nation (hat tip Deadspin), Walding was having a nice sit in the clubhouse when some jerk manager presumably told him to go field some ground balls or something, and next thing you know, there goes a rib.
Of course, Walding did have a pre-existing condition in a stress fracture in that rib. But unless you’ve been to the doctor recently, you don’t know what’s going on in there. Best to just play it safe. Stay down.
This is just the kind of year it’s been for the Phillies. The injury bug stung the big-league roster hard, claiming the likes of Ryan Howard, Ben Revere, and Mike Adams for the season, along with Roy Halladay, Chase Utley, and Carlos Ruiz for stretches. However, the bug hasn’t necessarily spared the farm system, either.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return