Apr 23, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Phillies prospect and former No. 1 pick Jess Biddle flirted with perfection on Monday night in Double-A Harrisburg when he took a perfect game into the seventh inning while pitching for the Reading Fightin Phils. Biddle would go on to walk a guy and allow his only hit of the night in the seventh inning, but he did manage to strikeout a staggering 16 opponents.
The Inquirer’s Matt Gelb has more on Biddle’s big night:
It was the kind of night that conceives dreams; the kind of night that leaves baseball people speechless; the kind of night that affirms countless hours of work.
Check out the full box score here.
In another sign of the times, a writer for the Trentonian, Josh Norris, has posted a video of all of Biddle’s 16 strikeouts and two doubles. Oh yeah, Biddle also ripped two doubles at the plate. Love it.
You can also watch video of Biddle’s postgame interview here:
“As soon as I threw that first pitch, I realized this might be a good day for me,” Biddle said. “It was one of those days where my approach worked perfectly in the game.”
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money