Dec 12, 2011, 12:51 PM EDT
Peace out, Benny Fresh.
According to MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki, the Phillies have traded outfielder Ben Francisco to the Toronto Blue Jays for a minor league reliever.
Francisco was one of the nicer guys in the Phillies clubhouse, but his playing time and production were limited in an outfield that saw the emergence of John Mayberry Jr. With the addition of Laynce Nix earlier last month, Francisco’s days in Philly looked like they could be numbered. Francisco was one of the guys the Phils were likely considering non-tendering this evening along with Wilson Valdez and Kyle Kendrick.
At least we’ll have his epic pinch-hit home run against St. Louis in the 2011 postseason to remember him by.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money