May 2, 2011, 4:14 PM EDT
A western swing that began with a promising 4-0 start came to a 5-2 end, with a pair of Phillies arms landing on the DL and the Phillies briefly sliding to second place in the East before edging ahead of the Marlins again. The road trip is over, with the Phils back in town to host the last place Mets this weekend. High five.
Vance Worley will get the start in place of the injured Joe Blanton, countering New York’s Mike Pelfrey.
Big Pelf (1-2) is coming off his only appearance in which the Mets ultimately won. He let up just one run against Arizona after allowing 18 in his previous four starts. Apparently he’s been sick all week too, even losing some weight. So ya know, everyone take it easy on him down at the park tonight and be sure to share your get-well wishes if you’re within shouting distance.
Vance Refrigeration makes his first start of the season for the Phils. He’s looked very good with the Iron Pigs so far, with 25 Ks versus 6 walks in 22.2 innings. In 13 innings with the big club last season, Worley struck out 12, while allowing 8 hits and 4 walks. It sucks to lose Blanton right after he turned in a pair of 2-ER outings and looked to be getting on track, but it’s not a bad time of year to get a look at Worley against some Major League bats.
Chooch is out tonight with the back issue that struck him from the lineup in Arizona, but the Internet’s Ryan Lawrence doesn’t seem to think he’ll be out long. Brian Schneider will catch Worley.
Enjoy your Friday night, and have a great weekend. Wouldn’t hurt if the Phils were to help out with that with a stomping of the Mets…
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
|Chutley on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Mostel on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money