Aug 2, 2011, 6:14 PM EDT
The Phillies will look to win yet another series this evening as Kyle Kendrick (5-5, 3.52) will take on Colorado Rockies right-hander Aaron Cook (2-5, 5.05). Cook has not fared well against the Phillies throughout his career, having gone 1-6 with a 6.05 ERA in 11 career starts. He hasn’t beaten them since way back on April 27th of 2006 in Philly.
Kendrick wasn’t bad in his last start, a loss to the Giants when he went up against Tim Lincecum, but KK did allow an early solo shot to Pablo Sandoval and was later hurt by a Michael Martinez error in the seventh that really ended his day.
Tonight could be the last we see of Kendrick as a starter for a while, with Roy Oswalt feeling good and looking to return to the rotation perhaps as early as this weekend in San Francisco. It’s pretty clear that Vance Worley’s performance has secured his role as the fifth guy if Oswalt is back in the fold.
Fun Fact From the Game Notes: In their last 19 games at Coors Field, the Phillies have gone 13-6 and scored 6.32 runs per game over that span.
Tonight’s Lineup: Jimmy Rollins, Shane “MVP” Victorino, Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Hunter Pence, Raul Ibanez, Placido Polanco, Brian Schneider, and Kyle Kendrick.
Another 8:40 start from Denver this evening. Let’s try not to go to extras, boys, okay?
|al on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money