Apr 21, 2013, 6:21 PM EDT
The Phillies get the national spotlight this evening when Kyle Kendrick (1-1, 3.38) will take on Jake Westbrook (1-1, 0.00) in an attempt to salvage a series split with the St. Louis Cardinals. After a very lackluster night at the dish on Saturday, the Phillies will get Ryan Howard back in the lineup this evening in the hopes of putting a run on the board. I mean, at least. But even one would be better than zero.
Freddy Galvis heads back to the bench after a busy couple of games. Charlie Manuel is rewarding John Mayberry’s solid play as of late by bumping him up to the two-hole this evening behind J-Roll.
Westbrook’s most recent start was rained out after just two innings of work. He threw a complete game shutout against the Reds on April 10th for his only other work of the season. He has allowed no earned runs. He’s surrendered just one earned run in three of his last four stars against the Phils.
8:00 on the ESPN.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money