Sep 19, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
It’s understandable if the Phillies were a bit sluggish on Sunday night against the Cardinals after celebrating their division crown on Saturday night. Now that we’re two nights removed from the champagne popping however, and with Roy Halladay on the mound, it’s time to focus on fine tuning the machine for the postseason.
It’s Roy Halladay (18-5, 2.34) looking for his 19th win of the season going against right-hander Kyle Lohse (13-8, 3.62).
1.) Jimmy Rollins, 2.) Shane Victorino, 3.) Chase Utley, 4.) Hunter Pence, 5.) Raul Ibanez, 6.) Placido Polanco, 7.) Ross Gload (1B), 8.) Carlos Ruiz, 9.) Roy Halladay
From the Notes: With a win tonight, Roy Halladay would become the first Phillies pitcher to record at least 40 wins over a two-season span since Hall of Famer Steve Carlton did so in 1979 (18) and 1980 (24) for a total of 42.
The Phillies magic number for home field throughout the playoffs sits at 1. So either a win tonight or a Brewers loss will get that out of the way.
7:05 from Citizens Bank Park. Let’s see if anybody can one-up JVR’s power.
|Marvin Monroe on Interesting theory on Jake Vor…|
|FlyersFan on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|RightMeow on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|twpguy1964 on Andrew MacDonald’s contract pa…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money