Jul 22, 2011, 4:11 PM EDT
The Phillies kick off a 10-game homestand this evening against the San Diego Padres and do so in 80′s style. Both teams will wear sweet 1984 throwback uniforms this evening as part of 80′s Retro Night.
Cole Hamels (11-5, 2.71) will take on a Padres team coming off a three game sweep of the struggling Marlins. San Diego outscored Florida 23-6 in that series. They’ll counter with left-hander Cory Luebke (3-3, 2.57) this evening so Charlie Manuel has gone with a right-heavy lineup.
Hamels is coming off one of his worst starts of the season against the Mets on July 16th, in which he lasted only 4.1 IP and allowed 7 earned runs. On the flip side, Hamels has a 17.0-inning scoreless streak going against the Padres dating back to June 7th of last season.
When the Phils last faced the Pads in a four game set, they got the brooms out back in April as the Fightins took all four from San Diego.
Manuel’s lineup for this evening: Rollins, Martinez, Utley, Howard, Victorino, Ruiz, Francisco, Mayberry, and Hamels.
First pitch scheduled for 7:05.
For more images of the 1984 throwback uniforms, check out the Majestic Athletic album on Facebook.
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money