Aug 1, 2011, 6:53 PM EDT
The 2011 MLB trade deadline has come and gone, with the exception of a potential smaller post-deadline deal for a Matt Stairsian type power bat off the bench, the Phillies have the team they’ll be chasing their World Series dreams with.
Suffice to say, it’s a pretty darn good one. They just finished up a successful 10-game homestand by adding an All-Star right fielder, sweeping the Pirates, and going 7-3 over that stretch.
They’ll kick off a tough 10-game road trip tonight that will take them through Denver, San Francisco, and Los Angeles before returning back to Citizens Bank Park.
Cole Hamels (12-6, 2.61) will take on right-hander Jhoulys Chacin (8-8, 3.50) and a Colorado Rockies team that is currently six games under .500 and was a seller at the deadline, departing with Ubaldo Jimenez.
You may have heard of that Hamels guy. He’s pretty good, and has allowed 2 ER or less in 11 of his last 12 starts.
It’s a late start from Colorado. 8:30 EST.
Tonight’s Lineup: Jimmy, Shane, Chase, Ryan, Hunter, Raul, Placido, Carlos, and Cole.
Longtime Level readers know our disdain for that petulant dinosaur pictured above, Dinger. Read our screed on the annoying dino here:
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
|Chutley on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money