May 31, 2013, 9:12 AM EDT
The Phillies put in another forgettable offensive performance on Thursday night and their pitching certainly didn’t do enough to win. With the loss to the Red Sox, the Phillies failed once again to reach the .500 mark, a milestone that seems quite elusive for this squad.
Charlie Manuel talked following the loss and seemed a bit frustrated. He pointed out that it’s a battle for this team to win games because they don’t rack up hits like they’re capable of doing.
“It’s a battle for us. To win a game is a battle,” Manuel said. “When we have [a pitcher] throw a really good game, it’s still a battle for us to win sometimes. We don’t blow anybody out. We don’t knock the cover off the ball.”
Manuel also pointed out that simply getting to .500 isn’t any big deal, that he has higher hopes for this team. Getting even is a start, but they can’t even get there.
More on the loss here.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return