Jul 29, 2011, 6:03 PM EDT
It’s past 6:00 pm on the East Coast and the Phillies have yet to make a trade for a right-handed bat. We’ll keep you updated through out the night with any rumblings we hear, but until something goes down, we’ve got a heck of a pitching matchup to watch tonight in South Philadelphia.
Roy Halladay (12-4, 2.55) takes on Charlie Morton (8-5, 3.69) and the first place Pittsburgh Pirates. While the Phils struggle quite a bit playing on the other side of the state (13-22 at PNC Park since 2001), the Fightins have handled the Buccos much better in the friendly confines of Citizens Bank Park (15-5 since 2004).
First pitch scheduled for 7:05. Domonic Brown is batting second and playing right field this evening. It could be the final time you see Brown in a Phillies uniform.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return