May 30, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
As touched on earlier, Joe Blanton has pitched dreadfully over his last three outings. He’s been giving up the home run at an alarming rate — eight dingers in the last three games — after preventing them adequately earlier in the season. His control has also left the yard.
Last night, even Mets pitcher Jeremy Hefner took Blanton deep. It sure looked like he just shut his eyes and swung his hardest at a Joe Blanton offering.
It was Hefner’s first MLB home run to go along with his first win as a pitcher.
To be fair, he did appear to open his eyes so he could watch the ball go over the fence.
CAPTION: May 29, 2012; Flushing, NY,USA;
New York Mets starting pitcher Jeremy Hefner (53) hits a home run to
left during the fourth inning against the Philadelphia Phillies at Citi
Field. Mandatory Credit: Anthony Gruppuso-US PRESSWIRE
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money