Oct 1, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
After remaining painfully quiet for the first few innings following Roy Halladay’s lone bad frame of the game, the Phillies’ offense finally blew up for 11 runs to defeat the Cardinals by a final of 11-6 in game 1 of the NLDS.
Roy Halladay may have had a shaky first inning, but he retired 21 straight after a leadoff single in the second. The TBS broadcast crew, which was by no means enjoyable, may have had a point about Roy being thrown off a bit by all of the delays caused before the game due to pomp and circumstance of the nationally televised game with extra long commercials, etc.
But boy did he settle in.
[click the photo above for the full photo gallery]
US PRESSWIRE and AP Photos
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money