Oct 1, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
After remaining painfully quiet for the first few innings following Roy Halladay’s lone bad frame of the game, the Phillies’ offense finally blew up for 11 runs to defeat the Cardinals by a final of 11-6 in game 1 of the NLDS.
Roy Halladay may have had a shaky first inning, but he retired 21 straight after a leadoff single in the second. The TBS broadcast crew, which was by no means enjoyable, may have had a point about Roy being thrown off a bit by all of the delays caused before the game due to pomp and circumstance of the nationally televised game with extra long commercials, etc.
But boy did he settle in.
[click the photo above for the full photo gallery]
US PRESSWIRE and AP Photos
|mslavick on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Feves on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Matt S. on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|galasso2586 on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return