Aug 31, 2012, 9:35 PM EDT
Chipper Jones decided to test John Mayberry Jr.’s arm on Friday night down in at Atlanta. Jones move may have paid off if Phillies backup catcher extraordinaire Erk Kratz wasn’t such a freakin’ beast.
Chipper bowled into Kratz at full speed, catching the catcher a bit unprepared for the huge collision. Kratz was sent airborne, but it didn’t matter. He remarkably held onto the ball and Larry was sent back to the dugout without a run.
You can watch video of the Chipper-Kratz collision right here.
Our photo choice for Friday night’s game thread seems a bit eery now, doesn’t it?
The Braves were leading 5-4 at the start of the 7th at the time of this posting…
Atlanta Braves’ Chipper Jones, right, is called out at home plate as he collides with Philadelphia Phillies catcher Erik Kratz, left, during the fourth inning of a baseball game on Friday, Aug. 31, 2012, at Turner Field in Atlanta. (AP Photo/Gregory Smith)
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money