Aug 30, 2013, 12:29 PM EDT
Remember when Kyle Kendrick was off to that torrid start this season and when people made jokes about him being the ace of the staff it wasn’t exactly clear whether they were joking or not? Kendrick has obviously cooled quite a bit and appears to be headed into the offseason in which he’ll look for a new contract in bumpy fashion.
The Inquirer’s Matt Gelb has a nice post on Kendrick today, looking at how his numbers have fallen off a bit in the second half, with KK pointing towards dumb luck as one of the main reasons. There are also quotes about Kendrick heading into the uncertainty of whether the Phillies will bring him back by offering salary arbitration.
Kendrick provided this potent quotable:
“Obviously I’ve thought about it – it’s my future, my career,” Kendrick said. “I want to be here. I feel like I haven’t pitched horrible enough to be gone.”
The piece also reminds us that Kendrick’s value is often in his durability. The 29-year-old has never spent a day on the disabled list.
I’d be surprised if the Phillies didn’t offer him arbitration.
>>Decision due soon on Kendrick [Inq]
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money