Jun 29, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
It’s not exactly Cliff Lee versus Josh Becket or Cole Hamels versus Jon Lester, but tonight’s game featuring Vance Worley (2-1, 2.83) versus John Lackey (5-6, 7.36) counts just as much in the standings as the sexier pitching matchups in this exciting Phillies v. Red Sox series.
Lackey’s lucrative five-year, $82 million contract has not been one of the wiser moves The Epstein has made over his career. Lackey has struggled mightily this season and will try his best to keep the hot-and-cold Phillies lineup inside the park on another sticky night at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia.
As we mentioned earlier, Tito is giving Adrian Gonzalez the rare start in right in order to give David Ortiz a couple of plate appearances. We’ll also be treated to the joy of watching Papi pay first base tonight.
As for the Phils, they received a pre-game pep talk from Philly’s own Bernard Hopkins who was given a personalized jersey that he later joked he’d toss up on eBay. Somebody from Boston is getting knocked out tonight.
Chooch gets the night off after working a brilliant game on Tuesday for Clifton and the Business Person Special date with Cole on Thursday. B-Schneid will handle the catching.
First pitch scheduled for 7:05. Can the Phils finally beat Boston in an interleague series?
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money