Jul 22, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
The Phillies have activated Brad Lidge for this weekend’s series against the San Diego Padres. Danys Baez has been designated for assignment to make room for the Phils former closer. It’s unclear what kind of stuff Lidge has, with mixed results from rehab stints having been reported, but if Lidge can be remotely close to the closer of old, he could be a very effective piece in the Phillies pen.
With Michael Stutes really stepping up, and Antonio Bastardo and Ryan Madson showing shutdown closer type stuff, it should be interesting to see how Charlie Manuel uses Lidge going forward.
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money