Dec 19, 2013, 1:46 PM EDT
You may have heard a couple of weeks back about Glen Macnow’s contract dispute with Sports Radio 94 WIP. Macnow has been with the station two decades but rumors were swirling that the station was not going to renew his contract in 2014.
Today, Philly.com reports that Macnow has reached an agreement with the station that will keep him on the WIP and other CBS radio station airways, but in a different capacity. He’ll no longer be part of the Afternoon Show with Anthony Gargano, the report says.
According to a WIP release, Macnow will continue to host his long-running Saturday midday show with Ray Didinger, and will appear on other CBS-owned area stations.
The release did not mention a return to his weekday afternoon spot with Gargano and industry sources told philly.com that Gargano will instead partner with Rob Eillis, with that announcement expected soon.
Expect to hear Glen on pre and postgame shows on WPHT for Phillies broadcasts as well as on certain KYW 1060 shows that we’re unfamiliar with.
Fan opinions of sports radio hosts are often wide ranging, but Macnow always came off as more of a thoughtful host than the type to put on a circus act and say outlandish things in an attempt to get people to listen. He rarely berated callers or hung up on them.
Thoughtful analysis is often hard to find on the airwaves. Macnow’s is appreciated.
I enjoyed the Gargano and Macnow pairing for the most part. Curious to see what the host shuffle will do to my listening habits in 2014.
UPDATE: All of the reports have been confirmed. Ellis will replace Macnow on the afternoon show and Ellis’ 6-10 pm slot will be filled by Josh Innes who has been working on a CBS station in Houston. He’s apparently a Cardinals fan.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money