Rockies Outfielder Carlos Gonzalez Is Not a Good Actor and Other Relatively Boring Walkoff Observations
Sep 10, 2012, 10:58 AM EDT
The Phillies got their second walk off winner on Sunday afternoon at Citizens Bank Park in as many games (Nate the Great did the honors on Friday night), but John Mayberry Jr.’s game-winner yesterday may have been one of the least exciting walkoffs in a while.
Perhaps he’s too honest and knew he didn’t snag the ball, but my initial reaction, and even more so after watching the replay, was to wonder why he didn’t even attempt to sell the catch?
After a brief hesitation, the umps ruled it a hit, and the Phillies got their minimally delayed walk off winner. Yay.
|Matt S. on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|galasso2586 on What happens on April 4th,…|
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return