Aug 26, 2013, 10:22 AM EDT
Plenty of people mocked Roger Bernadina’s numbers when the Phillies decided to add him to the roster a few weeks ago. The guy was hitting in the .170s this season after all. But he showed he can be valuable to the Phillies in other ways yesterday when he made two spectacular catches against the Diamondbacks.
The first was a clear robbery of a home run that surely kept Roy Halladay’s temperature from reaching a boil early in the game. And the latter was a diving grab where Bernadina seemingly came out of nowhere to make the impressive catch.
Oh, and he did a little with his bat on Sunday as well, slapping a based-loaded double that really opened things up in the sixth.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money