Jul 12, 2011, 5:07 PM EST
Harry Leroy Halladay III will be the starting pitcher this evening for the National League as the Senior Circuit tries to secure home field advantage against the AL for the 2011 World Series.
Plenty of people hate on the insignificance of the Midsummer Classic these days, but with the chance to watch Doc take on the AL’s best coupled with a likely appearance by Clifton Phifer Lee, all with a potential extra World Series game at Citizens Bank Park on the line… well color us intrigued.
ESPN.com has the game listed to start at 8:00 EST, which likely means baseball will get underway a good 30+ minutes after that.
Sadly, none of the Phillies position players will see any action this evening, as both Shane Victorino and Placido Polanco will be sidelined with injuries. Still, the opportunity to see Roy Halladay throw at least two innings is appointment television.
And if you were worried about Halladay’s workload like some Philadelphia fans, don’t fret too much. Doc may still get a whole week off as he may not pitch this weekend in New York, instead getting his first post-break start at Wrigley Field early next week.
If you needed to feel any better about Halladay being tonight’s NL starter, how about this quote by Cliff Lee courtesy of Jim Salisbury.
“He’s the perfect physical specimen to be a starting pitcher,” Lee said
of Halladay. “His work ethic, his mindset. He equips himself to be the
“He’s the best pitcher in baseball. If I were to pick a
starting pitcher to win one game he’s the one I’d pick. He’s deserving
of it. I expect to see him put up a couple of zeroes.
Let’s go zeroes.
Photo by US PRESSWIRE
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
|bulldogmomanne on Before This Week, the Most Un-…|
|BirdGangT on With $13 million guaranteed, J…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return