Jul 8, 2011, 4:15 PM EDT
Roy Halladay and the Phillies kick off their highly-anticipated series this evening with the second place Atlanta Braves. That is if Mother Nature allows it. Typically, any force on earth fears messing with Doc’s routine, but Mother Nature is a bad, bad woman sometimes.
Seriously, when heading to the ball park in South Philadelphia earlier, there were torrential downpours that caused me to pull off the road and into a coffee shop.
It was that bad.
If baseball does happen this evening, it’s Roy Halladay (11-3, 2.44) taking on Brandon Beachy (3-1, 3.23) for the Bravos.
An interesting lineup for Charlie Manuel this evening, with John Mayberry Jr. batting in the two-hole: 1. Rollins, 2. Mayberry, 3. Utley, 4. Howard, 5. Ibanez, 6. Ruiz, 7. Brown, 8. Valdez, and 9. Roy Halladay
Good luck in the weather out there. Godspeed, all of you.
|galasso2586 on What happens on April 4th,…|
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return