Oct 3, 2012, 1:09 AM EDT
The Phillies lost 4-2 on Tuesday, but that’s hardly the point. The night belonged to Darin Ruf anyway, who notched his second and third bombs of the season.
Reminder: he’s been playing in the big leagues on a regular basis for all of eight days.
Unfortunately, we can’t embed video of either one here, but the second shot in particular is worth a look if you click here. Tyler Clippard grooved the pitch, but still, Ruf crushed a 400-footer to left center.
It’s difficult to say what Ruf’s performance at this level means given the small sample size, but here are the numbers after 31 at bats: four runs, 11 hits — six for extra bases — three jacks, nine RBIs, .355/.774/1.138.
Hell, the man has hit in EVERY GAME since making his first career start on September 25.
Commence the speculation on where Babe Ruf will be playing next season. The Phillies haven’t exactly made a practice out of rushing kids to the majors in recent years, but clearly this guy is going to give the organization something to think about next spring.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money