Oct 4, 2011, 12:54 PM EDT
We all know Ryan Howard plays well in St. Louis. Wanna take a look at just how well?
The Big Piece in 26 games at Busch Stadium:
And once more for emphasis, a .512 OBP and 1.078 OPS.
His 35 RBI are the most for any visiting player in the history of the new Busch Stadium, while his 9 home runs are tied for the lead with Houston’s Carlos Lee, albeit that Lee has played 14 more games in the park than Howard.
Tempering our unbridled giddiness is Ryan’s small, but noteworthy sample-size against Game 3 starter Jaime Garcia. Off Garcia, Howard is just 2 for 12, and while one of those hits was a homer, 6 of his 10 outs have come by way of the of the third strike.
If that last part happens to bother you in some way, we refer you to the picture above. Feel better?
3 Hours and 30 minutes until Game 3. Lineups to come.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return