Sep 23, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
The Phillies closed out their home slate over the weekend in 2013 style. They were swept by the New York Mets.
The final home games of the year always feel like they mark the true end of summer and the start to fall in Philadelphia.
Sunday marked another big change. Ryne Sandberg had the interim label removed from his job and was named the manager of the Phils for the next few seasons at least.
The players reportedly gave him a real nice ovation in the clubhouse when the decision was announced. So it’s safe to say the guys in the clubhouse are happy with the decision to have Sandberg officially get the job.
It always seemed like the right move even before he made a single decision as interim manager, but after leading this ragtag bunch to an above .500 record, Ruben Amaro did away with the formality and gave Ryne a contract.
The future of this team has dozens of uncertainties. Manager is no longer one of them.
Are you happy with the decision?
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money