Aug 27, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
The talk of the baseball world yesterday was the tough news that Mets’ ace Matt Harvey has a partially torn ulna collateral ligament and will be shut down for the season with a potential Tommy John surgery putting his 2014 in jeopardy as well.
With the Phillies up in New York, a couple of Philadelphia players commented on the Mets bad luck and pointed out it’s bad for the game when one of the bright young stars goes down.
“It sucks for the game,” was how Phillies 1B/3B Michael Young put it. And it certainly sucks for Matt Harvey who was spotted in the Mets dugout last night looking a little glum.
From the Phillies skipper:
“He’s a bright star, one of the best we’ve seen this year,” Sandberg said. “You hate to see that. It’s a shame.”
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return