Aug 5, 2011, 12:24 PM EST
Last Thursday, after Tim Lincecum and the Giants took a series from the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park, Charlie Manuel was asked if he thought this San Francisco team was in the Phillies’ heads.
From our Thursday postgame story:
“They’re not in our heads. I don’t think so. Really, I don’t think so at all,” Manuel said.
Then, this morning, the San Francisco Chronicle had an article with the following title:
Manuel knows SF Giants are in Phillies’ heads
Charlie Manuel or the San Francisco Chronicle, who you got?
Similarly, former MLB catcher and current CSN baseball analyst Ben Davis said on Daily News Live yesterday that he “absolutely knows the Giants are in the Phillies’ heads.” Or something very similar to that with the same sentiment.
Now, what I want to know is how all of these people know what’s going on in the Phillies’ heads?
In their heads. In their heads. In their he-eehhh-eads.
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Chutley on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Mostel on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return