Aug 23, 2011, 9:51 PM EDT
After a 10-run explosion on Monday, it was another powerful night for the Phillies offense on Tuesday as the offense blasted off for nine runs.
They first got on the board when the lethal right-handed swing of Shane Victorino hit a ball completely over the seats down the left field line. We’ve seen plenty of balls bashed towards the center field batter’s eye and even the upper decks in right by the likes of Ryan Howard, but not a whole lot of guys kill balls down the line in left. It appeared as if Vic’s ball actually landed in the concourse area where the new Harry Kalas statue now sits.
Not impressed with Vic’s power prowess? John Mayberry Jr.’s home run later was apparently actually hit farther.
Vance Worley had a shaky first inning, but got out of a bases loaded jam and settled in nicely. Worley was fantastic for most of the night, finishing 7.0 innings of of work having given up just one earned run on 5 hits and a career-high 9 strikeouts.
Kyle Kendrick for the sweep tomorrow afternoon. Love the Mets.
Worley knocked in an RBI of his own (a WORBI!) and later scored as well.
Here’s an amazing Worley fact courtesy of ESPN’s Jayson Stark, “More from Elias: #Phillies have won 12 straight starts by Vance Worley. Longest streak for any team with any rookie in 25 years (Bobby Witt).”
US Presswire photos
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money