May 30, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Shane Victorino received a very warm welcome during the Phillies win over the Red Sox on Wednesday night at Citizens Bank Park in South Philadelphia. Perhaps it helped that Shane was not suited up to play due to his current DL stint, so he was not slapping grandslams against our hometown nine, but the Philly faithful in attendance gave him a standing ovation in the fourth inning .
He deserved it for all of his exciting years as a Phillie and the role he played in bringing that wonderful parade down Broad Street to town.
After the jumbotron played a video set to Victorino-favorite Bob Marley’s “Three Little Birds,” The Flyin’ Hawaiian came out of the Sox dugout and acknowledged the crowd for a good fifteen seconds with cap tips, hand waves, and bows.
Prior to the game, Shane said one of the reasons he made the trip to Philly despite being on the disabled list is because he wanted to see the Philly fans. More of what Shane had to say about that here.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return