Apr 26, 2012, 10:45 AM EDT
If you’re anything like us you’re not great at planning. The Phillies are playing the Washington Nationals down in DC in just about a week from now and we still can’t decide if we’re going to make the trip down there.
So it pleases us that the Phillies and MLB are going to give us plenty of time to make plans to attend what David Montgomery and the organization hopes will be the next All-Star game in Philadelphia… in 2026.
Why are the Phillies hoping for the Mid-Summer Classic in 2026? Well, Google the word sestercentennial and you’ll find out.
According to the Daily News, the Phillies are hoping to host the All-Star game so far out into the future because that would be the 250th anniversary of the Unites States of America.
country,” Phillies president David Montgomery told the Daily News on
Wednesday. “We were fortunate enough to host the All-Star Game in 1976.
If we were to get in line and get that opportunity a couple years
before, it would foreclose the opportunity to host in 2026.”
At least the Phanatic will already have an outfit picked out.
Photo by Jim MacMillan
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money