Jul 24, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
The huge news of the day surrounding the Phillies is the triumphant return of Michael Martinez to the roster. Mini Mart will replace Humberto Quintero who was DFAd. Dom Brown is also out of the lineup this evening after getting banged up on that failed attempt at a diving catch last night. He had some concussion-like symptoms last night but is feeling better today. He’ll be held out until at least Friday in Detroit.
Delmon Young is your cleanup hitter tonight with the potent protection of turkey bacon.
Not playing tonight or tomorrow . Sucks!!!
— Domonic Brown (@dom9brown) July 24, 2013
Tonight’s 8:15 start time: Jake Westbrook (6‐4, 2.88) vs. John Lannan (2‐3, 3.76)
Sell, Sell, Sell!
One other note I found interesting today: Jim Salisbury spoke on CSN this evening and said he believes Ruben Amaro Jr. is “definitely leaning towards selling” prior to the trade deadline next week. Sounds like Michael Young’s days in Philadelphia are numbered. Sully says he believes Jonathan Papelbon and Carlos Ruiz could be there for the getting as well, but thinks Chase Utley will likely remain in Philly in the hopes of working out an extension of some sort. Good news for you Utley fan boys and girls out there. Not so much for the Michael Young maniacs.
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money