Jun 12, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
As the region attempts to recover from the effects of Fightins Tailgate 2: Electric Boogaloo, the Phillies will try to take their third of four from the lowly Chi-town Cubs. Aside from the late-inning cringer on Thursday night, the Phils have been pretty tight in disposing of the Cubbies, winning the last two.
Today, Roy Oswalt will get a chance to change his recent fortunes a bit.
Little Roy hasn’t been credited with a win since April 21, and while W’s and L’s aren’t the best indicators of pitching performance, the sledding hasn’t been easy for Oswalt since his return from a DL stint in May. He’s not K’ing as many hitters lately, with no more than three in any of his last six starts, but he’s also not getting hit all that hard either.
Oswalt will face Doug Davis, who is winless (0-5, 6.38) this season. Charlie Manuel will bat Rollins, Victorino, Utley, Howard, Francisco, Ibanez, Ruiz, and Valdez ahead of the pitcher’s spot, with Polly getting the day off.
Hopefully we see the Phils earn a W with some continued offensive production and a good turn from their starter, but I’m not opposed to watching the Cubs just boot the ball around the field again either.
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money