Feb 20, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
That sweet Nike t-shirt you have featuring the silhouette of Michael Jack Schmidt’s sweet hair and mustache is now totally outdated. Delco Times photographer Eric Hartline captured the above image of Schmidty down in Clearwater, Florida today and it clearly shows that the mustache is gone. The photo reminded us of that one time we asked the Phillies Hall of Fame third baseman about his ‘stache and some of the other great facial hair in today’s game.
— Eric Hartline (@hartlinepix) February 20, 2013
From our interview with Mike Schmidt back in 2011:
Okay then. Have you seen the Nike t-shirt that features the
outline of your mustache on the powdered blue background with maroon
cap? Have you seen that?
Schmidt: No, I haven’t?
have a nice line of t-shirts featuring some of the greatest mustaches
in baseball history. They have you, they have Rollie Fingers, they have a
couple of other guys…
Schmidt: Really? I don’t know.
Mine sure doesn’t stand out. It’s funny you mention that, Fingers is
sitting right across the table from me right now and we were talking
about mustaches earlier today.
How about guys in the game today? Best facial hair in the game today? Jayson Werth’s beard?
Schmidt: Off the charts.
Anyone else stand out to you?
No. Sometimes I get a little taken back by some of the things I see:
earrings, tattoos, hair, stuff like that. Then my wife has to remind me,
‘take a look at yourself back in the 80′s.’ Imagine some of the stuff
we had going. I had a beard. I played with a beard. I played with curly
hair. I played with a permanent. We used to all get our hair curled back
then so we used to just shake our heads and walk out of the shower. I
don’t want to throw any stones at anybody today because if you take me
back to my youth, I made some of the same decisions.
|PurdueAlum or @cjray… on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|gov on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JOn on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Renee on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money