Aug 8, 2012, 6:11 PM EST
The Fightins wrap up their three game set with the Braves this evening at Citizens Bank Park with Kyle Kendrick (4-9, 4.45) on the hill. We’re going to see a lot more of KK in the final two months thanks to the departure/salary dump of Joe Blanton to the Dodgers. He performed respectably in his emergency start on Friday night against the Diamondbacks after learning of Joe the Lumber’s departure earlier in the day, going 4.0 innings and giving up 2 earned runs on 5 hits, including one solo shot to Juston Upton. He should be better prepared tonight and a bit more stretched out.
Kendrick has also had fantastic numbers against the Bravos throughout his career. Check these out:
KK vs ATL: His career 2.28 ERA (19 ER, 75.0 IP) vs ATL is his lowest against any team in the majors, while his .857 win % (6-1) against them is also a career-best (min 5 games)
The Braves will counter with Tim Hudson (11-4, 3.45) who has been fantastic against Philly of late. From CSN:
Hudson has picked up two wins in two starts against the
Phillies over the last five weeks, allowing two runs in 12 2/3 innings.
Of the 35 outs the Phillies put into play against Hudson, 20 came on
The Braves have won six of Hudson’s last eight starts
vs. the Phillies, but the Phils won the previous four. They’ve also
scored four or more runs off Hudson 10 times in their 24 meetings
against him in a Braves uniform, so the possibility exists that the
offense can do a few things this time around.
But none of those starts had one Dom Brown in the starting lineup. Brown changes everything.
The Phillies have yet to string together three-straight series wins (of three games or more) all season long. A win tonight would make it three victorious series in a row.
The full lineup:
Tonight’s lineup vs. ATL: Rollins SS, Brown LF, Utley 2B, Howard 1B, Mayberry CF, Schierholtz RF, Kratz C, Frandsen 3B, Kendrick P.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) August 8, 2012
7:05 start from the Bank. Will the non-sellout streak continue? Also, does Nate Schierholtz have a nickname yet? He could use one. “Schierholtz” is way too challenging to type.
Andrew Kulp contributed to this post, specifically the headline. You should follow him on Twitter and LIKE all of his Eagles posts on Facebook.
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|wheeeeeeee.com on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages