Dec 11, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
… currently reads “Please Take Papelbon” and includes this nugget from Jim Salisbury who is down working the Winter Meetings in Florida:
The club also continues to look to move closer Jonathan Papelbon.
“They’re selling the [crap] out of him,” a representative from one club said.
You may have heard rumblings that there are people in the organization who are not huge fans of Papelbon’s demeanor in the clubhouse. We’ve also heard these rumblings but have no legit sources to back it up at this point.
But still, “selling the [crap] out of him” is pretty strong. They’d even eat some money to be rid of him, Sully reports. So, it’s safe to say the Phils have soured on him.
Previously: Papelbon’s amazing Christmas sweater
|Fly guy on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Chief on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Scott B on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Jay D on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money