Aug 28, 2013, 4:06 PM EDT
After a very quiet evening against Jonathan Niese on Tuesday, Ryne Sandberg will turn to an injection of Pete Orr into his lineup in an attempt to get the bats going. Orr is penciled in as your left fielder this evening, his first start in the outfield since 2008.
Speaking of the Phils lineup, tonight will mark the 13th different lineup in 13 tries for Sandberg. You certainly can’t say he’s not giving everyone a fair shake.
But jeez, the Phillies outfield tonight will be Orr in left, Roger Bernadina in center, and John Mayberry Jr. in right.
Pete Orr and left field go together like Canadians and baseball.
— Pete Orr Facts (@PeteOrrFacts) August 28, 2013
— Tom G. ⛳ (@doctomg) August 28, 2013
Tonight’s pitching matchup has Cole Hamels (5-13, 3.62) looking to avoid his 14th loss of the season taking on RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka (0-1, 9.00) for the Mets.
One of the brighter spots for the Phillies as of late, Cody Asche, is back in the lineup after getting a night off last night. Darin Ruf gets his turn on the bench tonight.
7:10 start from Flushing. Please don’t get shutout by the Mets again. Please.
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money