Dec 16, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
The holidays are a magical time when anything can happen, like the Phillie Phanatic running into you on your way back from Starbucks in the middle of the day in Center City, Philadelphia. The Phanatic spent his lunchtime outside Liberty Place with the Salvation Army, willing to do whatever it took to get people to donate, whether posing for pictures or passing out next to an ambulance, in case his presence wasn’t enough of a scene.
After asking a passersby to give it on up to Homelessvile, I have to assume he returned to his home in the Majestic Store at Citizens Bank Park to put the finishing touches on his decorations with Phoebe Phanatic and had some cocoa or something. So, still a more productive and fulfilling day than anyone else in the front office could hope to have.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money