Jan 13, 2014, 2:17 PM EDT
Don’t get confused. That was not a pregnancy announcement by Philadelphia Phillies outfielder Dom Brown and the Phillie Phanatic that was posted to Instagram this afternoon. It was a photo from Mexico — we assume on the team’s cruise vacation that fans can go on if they fork over some dough — illustrating that the Big Green Guy needs to lose some weight.
Not sure if you’ve heard, but the Phanatic will be spending the entire spring with the team down in Clearwater this spring for the first time ever. Dom thinks this will be a good opportunity for the Phanatic to work off some of that winter weight. Too much butter on his popcorn.
“happy to hear that the Phanatic is going to spring training cause i was with him in Mexico on the Phancation and he needs to lose some weight!”
Those of you making the awesome trip down to Clearwater, Florida this February or March will surely want to keep your eyes peeled for bad drivers when you’re getting to and from the ball park.
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money