Jan 4, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
You’d think the Phillie Phanatic’s New Year’s resolutions might be something along the lines of “walk more instead of using the four-wheeler to get around so much” or “eat less popcorn,” but the Phanatic is not very concerned about his shape. No, instead he wants to make 2013 more painful for the New York Mets. What a guy.
Our friends over at Uwishunu compiled the New Year’s resolutions for our city from some well known Philadelphians. The Phillie Phanatic was among them.
“The city should collect double wage tax on the Mets when they come to
town. ‘Take Me Out to the Ballgame’ should be adopted as the official
song for the city. And Phillies Opening Day should be declared an
official holiday in Philadelphia with all schools and businesses closed
for the day.”
Smart guy, that Phanatic.
But I’d have to go “High Hopes” over “Take Me Out the the Ballgame.”
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|Jim on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|red2gold on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|findingclues4u on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return