Jun 26, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
Sometimes Major League Baseball does things like create 35 giant apples decorated in the colors and theme of the different teams in its league to help promote the Mid Summer Classic. With the 2013 All-Star Game taking place in New York, they went with a Big Apple theme. Literally.
Here’s what MLB has to say about it:
The 35 MLB-themed All-Star Apple statues, each six feet tall and weighing more than 350 pounds, will appear at various New York locations as a dramatic harbinger of the 84th Midsummer Classic, to be played at Citi Field on July 16. Citi Field, home of the host Mets, is one of the notable locations for the statues, along with such landmarks as Grand Central Terminal, the Intrepid Museum and the New York Public Library.
And other landmarks such as a Party City store. Yep, the Phillies apple is apparently at a Party City based on the amazing video you can watch by clicking the link below.
You can get your very own replica for just about 20 bucks! Check it:
Probably best used to throw at something.
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money