Jul 16, 2012, 1:42 PM EDT
Sports Illustrated released their Fortunate 50 list today which ranks the 50 highest-earning American athletes in 2012. The Philadelphia Phillies are well represented with three guys cracking the top 35.
The New York Yankees with Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, C.C. Sabathia, and Mark Teixeira, were the only other American franchise with more players on the list. The Miami Heat, Boston Red Sox, and Arizona Cardinals all had three players cracking the top 50.
Other notable names making the cut include Barry Zito, Vernon Wells, and former Eagle Kevin Kolb!
No other Philadelphia sports team was represented.
Could the Fightin’ Phils have four guys on next years list? Cole Hamels surely hopes so.
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|BS Bully on Ryan Howard Needs Surgery for…|
|Franchise on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return