Sep 17, 2013, 3:08 PM EDT
Somewhat lost amid Cliff Lee’s masterful execution on the baseball diamond in Monday night’s 12-2 victory was the vicious collision at home plate between Domonic Brown and Marlins catcher Jeff Mathis. Advantage: Dom.
Brown dropped his shoulder heading into home and absolutely obliterated Mathis on this play in the third inning, leaving his feet as he finished off the impact. The ball meanwhile never quite made it into the catcher’s mitt, adding insult to injury.
Don’t forget, at one time Brown was considering attending the University of Miami to play football. The would-be wide receiver knows how to take a hit – and deliver one.
You can head over to MLB.com for video of the play – sorry, no embed for this one, but we did pull a couple of screen grabs for your enjoyment. The game is always more fun when your team is on the right side of a laugher like last night.
>> Video: Asche’s RBI single [MLB]
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money