Oct 4, 2012, 3:52 AM EST
This could be considered taking some journalistic liberties as we paraphrase ever so slightly, but we’re pretty sure what Jimmy Rollins was saying here is the equivalent of, “We’re still the team to beat.”
With the Nationals on their way to the playoffs, and the Phillies headed to the vacation spots of their choosing, J-Roll did not seem so convinced of the natural order of things. We’ll allow the ’07 MVP to describe this season on his own terms, but in summary it’s not much different from what we’ve said all along — that injuries played a prominent role in holding the Phils back first and foremost.
You could argue a club that finished 17 games back in their division wouldn’t be postseason players regardless of injury. Personally, I don’t totally buy the math based on what they accomplished after the All-Star break.
Regardless, here is where we have to stand with Jimmy Rollins. Had the Phillies been even relatively healthy through the first 100 games or so of 2012, how far might they have gone? The Washington Nationals won’t have to think about it this year, but if Rollins and the rest of the clubhouse has their way, it should weigh heavy on opponents’ minds next year.
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages