Sep 11, 2012, 11:48 PM EDT
They really want to make this interesting, don’t they?
The Phillies just keep winning. They did it again on Tuesday night by beating the Miami Marlins by a final of 9-7. It was an Everybody Hits! night at CBP with all of the Phillies starters notching at least one hit.
So with everyone contributing, it’s tough to single out one guy or play, but Jimmy Rollins certainly taught Marlins catcher Rob Brantly a bit of a lesson in the sixth when J-Roll popped one up behind home plate that should have been caught. Later in the at bat, Rollins went deep to give the Phils some insurance they ended up actually needing.
With the home run tonight, Rollins surpassed Hunter Pence with the team lead of 18.
The Phillies won. Atlanta lost. Pittsburgh lost. The Brewers kept even with the Phils. And both the Cardinals and Dodgers were losing at the time of this posting.
Maybe the ball will keep bouncing their way like it did on J-Roll’s pop foul tonight.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money