Sep 11, 2012, 11:48 PM EDT
They really want to make this interesting, don’t they?
The Phillies just keep winning. They did it again on Tuesday night by beating the Miami Marlins by a final of 9-7. It was an Everybody Hits! night at CBP with all of the Phillies starters notching at least one hit.
So with everyone contributing, it’s tough to single out one guy or play, but Jimmy Rollins certainly taught Marlins catcher Rob Brantly a bit of a lesson in the sixth when J-Roll popped one up behind home plate that should have been caught. Later in the at bat, Rollins went deep to give the Phils some insurance they ended up actually needing.
With the home run tonight, Rollins surpassed Hunter Pence with the team lead of 18.
The Phillies won. Atlanta lost. Pittsburgh lost. The Brewers kept even with the Phils. And both the Cardinals and Dodgers were losing at the time of this posting.
Maybe the ball will keep bouncing their way like it did on J-Roll’s pop foul tonight.
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|Jim on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return