Dec 19, 2013, 9:22 AM EDT
Ruben Amaro Jr. addressed the media on Wednesday after making the signing of starting pitcher Roberto Hernandez official. The team also shared news that they brought catcher Lou Marson back to the organization and parted ways with the once highly touted catching prospect Sebastian Valle.
Ruben says he still believes in the talent of his ball club but points out that if they can’t stay on the field and battle through serious injuries for much of the season, they’ll be in trouble.
It’s been a tough go of it for Amaro this offseason. No matter what he says or does, fans seem to be unhappy with the direction he’s chosen to take the club in.
And you all thought Ruben didn’t have a strategy.
In addition to Marson, the team also signed Tony Gwynn Jr., right-handed pitcher Sean O’Sullivan, and outfielder Dave Sappelt to minor league deals with invites to spring training in Clearwater.
|al on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money