Jun 18, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
Most kids want video games. Or maybe some cold hard cash. The kid shown at the Phillies game last night held up a sign saying that all he wanted for his birthday was a home run from Ryan Howard. A couple of years ago that may have been an easier wish to deliver on. Coming into last night’s contest with the Washington Nationals, the Big Piece hadn’t hit a ball out of the park in the entire month of June.
But little Jimmy was good this year and Ryan Howard crushed a ball into the second deck in the second inning of the game and everyone in Philadelphia was happy to see the kid get his wish.
The fan was quite prepared and even had a “thank you” ready on the flip side of his sign. Impressive.
Not only did the birthday boy get his wish of a Howard homer, but he also got to witness a Dom Brown walkoff winner. Pretty good birthday, kid.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money