Video: The Washington Nationals Celebrate NL East Crown While Losing to the Phillies in the 9th Inning
Oct 2, 2012, 1:52 AM EST
The Washington Nationals are your 2012 National League East Champions.
We knew this was likely coming for weeks but it still seems so strange to see it become a reality. 2008 never seemed so long ago.
As you can see in the above video, the Nationals were losing to the Phillies on Monday night when the Pittsburgh Pirates defeated the Braves to clinch the division for Jayson Werth and his Nationals teammates.
Here’s the cover of today’s Washington Post:
via DC Sports Bog
As for Monday night’s game, the Phillies bested the division champs by a final of 2-0. Kyle Kendrick earned his 11th win of the season.
|Mungman on Why the upcoming free agency b…|
|Turbo on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|philsoc8 on Which Philadelphia Union playe…|
|Rickie on Hose Report: Turkey Bacon stoo…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return