Dec 18, 2012, 4:18 AM EDT
Big League Stew’s Dave Brown unearthed this gem of a YouTube featuring members of the 1980 Phillies taking on the Kansas City Royals in a rematch of the legendary Fall Classic in which Philadelphia was crowned World Champions of Baseball. Except this time they were playing the Family Feud game show with total badass host Richard Dawson. Plenty of guys hitting below the Mendoza line on this stage.
Answer Dave really put on his best analytical cap to break down Dawson’s tendencies — Gary Maddox does look like one smooth individual though, doesn’t he? — as well as examine Mike Schmidt’s awful 0-3 in common sense on the day, so I can’t stress enough that you need to go read Dave’s amazing synopsis of the above video.
Also, the way Mike Schmidt says “warsh,” as in to clean… what kind of accent is that?
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money