Dec 9, 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
In a sense, it’s nice to see Roy Halladay know that his body has nothing left to give the game of baseball. But damn it if it’s not sad to see one of the most likable Phillies hang it up having never achieved his dream of hoisting the World Series Trophy.
Get out a box of tissues and check back around 12:30 pm as Halladay will once again become a member of the Toronto Blue Jays organization for a day so he can hang it up from the winter meetings down in Florida.
He’ll undoubtedly go out with class and style. Any Phillies fan won’t want to miss this.
Previously: Roy Halladay is retiring
And while we’re waiting for that to get underway, how about one last listen to Scott Franzke and Larry Andersen’s call of Doc’s no-hitter against the Reds in the playoffs:
|t800m101 on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|Bob on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|Marvin Monroe on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|psudrozz on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money