May 19, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Chase Utley’s return to the Phillies lineup appears to be inching closer and closer. It could even happen during the team’s current homesteand, of which they have eight games remaining.
Danny Knobler, a baseball writer for CBSSports.com, caught up with former Phillie Jayson Werth yesterday and asked him what Utley means to this team.
Werth’s answer? “Everything.”
brings a mentality and work ethic to the workplace that’s unparalleled
from anyone I’ve ever played with.”
It’s not anything most who follow the team closely didn’t already know, but it is coming from a guy who spent four years alongside Chase in the clubhouse who now plays for the enemy.
If anything, Werth’s quotes just remind us what the Phillies and us fans have been missing. As if we really needed any reminder.
But damn, when Utley comes to the plate at CBP for the first time this season, it’s gonna be electric.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money